What a great week, birthday, wedding, road trip, and the 4th! Sheesh that’s a lot when I look back at it.
1. Friday was my birthday. After a quick breakfast and hair cut, I hopped in the car and headed down to Austin for the weekend. I stayed in Georgetown with longtime family friends who pampered me for my birthday left and right! It was SO sweet of them!
2. My friend Joanna got married on Saturday and I had the honor of doing a reading and being in her house party. It was so much fun! The bride and groom are high school sweethearts so it is about time the tied the knot. Joanna and I bonded over numerous group projects, groups papers (yes, apparently that is a thing) and History of Costume flashcards in college and have been friends ever since. Here we are at the rehearsal dinner and then at reception.
3. Sunday I spent the day with our family friends. We drank tea from their visit to England, made delicious orange muffins (I mostly supervised), and went to a GREAT burger joint, Mighty Fine Burger. Also, we watched their dog, Sister, run around the backyard constantly on the hunt for prey. Luckily she didn’t find any this time, although I hear she definitely wins in battles against birds. I was sad to have to pack up and head back to the Big D.
4. Hope everyone had a great 4th! Tweed was VERY patriotic in his stars and stripes bandana. Still loving his new haircut, by the way – shorter ears are the way to go!
5. My goal for the weekend is to at least paint the last 2 walls of my bedroom. I hope that by writing this here, I will have the accountability and push I need to complete this task. Wish me luck!!
How was your week?
Linking up with Lauren at The Lauren Elizabeth for #h54f.