TGIF! Finally it’s Friday! Yay! Friday could not have come soon enough this week.
1. Today is my Dad’s birthday! Happy Birthday to you Papa! He loves to cook rather than go out to eat, so I am sure this weekend will be filled with many home cooked meals. (Trust me, I’m not complaining!)
2. I made a purchase on eBay a couple of weeks ago and it arrived this week – new to me Lilly Pulitzer pants! The are a smidge big, but so cute a fun! Plus I got a great deal, so heading to the tailor for a few alterations won’t be a big deal.
3. Picked up my sweet friend, Stephanie’s French Bulldog, Henry, from boarding and hung out with him for a few hours on Sunday. He is hysterical! He loves riding in the car – he just lays down and falls asleep. He is shockingly strong for his size…he was definitely the one taking me for a walk on the leash not the other way around.
4. My parents had my grandparents over for dinner one night this week and I joined them. It’s always fun to get to hang out with all of them. My grandparents just returned from a vacation so we got the full run down of the trip. Tweed loves seeing them too!
5. I hope to be able to carve out a bit of time to keep working on my new top! I am sewing a pretty advanced (at least for me) pattern. I will share all about how this project goes when it is complete. I can’t wait to get the top finished – I have a whole outfit in my mind that I am dying to wear!
I cashed in some credit card points for an Amazon gift card. What a perfect excuse to purchase a few new (some used) books! Since my love of sewing has been renewed, I picked up several sewing books. I ordered several used books, and so they are slowly arriving at my doorstep from across the USA. Today’s arrival has me sew excited! (See what I did there.)
I can’t wait to try out some of these techniques. I would love to make a really large pillow with box corners. This would make a great bed for Tweed! I would love to use mitered corners on curtains (which are high on my to do list to complete my condo decor). Finally, I would like to make euro shams for my bed with flanged edges. Each of these is explained in this book. Can you tell I am super excited about this?!
I will report back when projects are complete! Man, I love Amazon and today, the used books option in particular.
My fingers have been busily working away on a sewing project for the past couple of weeks. You see, I made a trade with a friend. She painted my room and I made her couch pillow shams. 11 couch pillow shams to be exact. Sewing is really more of my realm of expertise than painting, or so I think. I can’t say I have actually painted a wall before, but I am definitely comfortable sewing. It was a great trade! Yes, I did say 11 pillow shams (it’s a big couch). I love the end result and so I had to share it.
The pattern combination that my friend chose was fun to sew and relatively easy to match up for the different pieces. I must say 11 is a lot of pillows.
This is my second sewing project of 2013. Back in January, I created a twin duvet cover for another friend. She put it in her son’s room. The funny cats make a great slightly punk rock room for her 4-year-old boy, which is exactly their style.
Getting back into sewing has really renewed my interest in and love of sewing. So, attention friends: I would like to offer my services (for a reasonable fee) to sew any fun household decor. Let me know what your ideas are in an email (email@example.com) and we can go from there.
Next project a tunic and dress just for yours truly with 2 great fabrics from City Craft (I sang this store’s praises here). More on that later! I am sure it will be a process, after all there are set in sleeves.