So a large part of my week revolved around food, which I’m sure doesn’t surprise anyone about me. Consider yourselves warned.
1. Met some of our oldest friends at Saint Ann for a drink. Miss Martha and my Mama have been friends for pretty much my entire life. Naturally, Miss Martha’s daughter, Lauren, and I are friends too! However, we (Lauren & I) had not seen each other in pretty much 10+ years. It was great to catch up even though it was just for a short time! Lauren was in town on business and had to jet off to a company dinner.
Please notice the black and white accidental twins…why and I not surprised?!
2. My sweet friend Erika of Erika’s Tea Cup came into town and we got a group together for a girls night. She lives in North Carolina, so naturally, we had a Tex Mex dinner at Meso Maya. We took up residence on the patio for 2+ hours and had a great time catching up, laughing A LOT and trying not to melt in the stifling heat & humidity.
3. The Bachelorette was the source of lots of laugher and heckling Monday night. My friend Stephanie and I spent half the time trying to tell all of the men apart from each other (there are a lot of look a likes this season), but all in all she had a couple of cute one on one dates and one rap group date, that let’s face it, should probably have never happened. A group of us tend to gather for watching parties and I hope that this starts back up for the remainder of Desire’s season!
4. Went to dinner tonight with my college roommate, Kacie, and we branched out and went to Pop Diner. While the food left some to be desired, we had fun with our whimsical drinks. I had a Pop Rocks Martini and Kacie had a Blow Pop Martini. Mine was actually popping as it arrived at our table.
5. The Tony Awards happen this Sunday night, and I can’t wait! Neil Patrick Harris hosting, show tunes, AND dancing…what could be better?!?
With a trip to Ikea and a little pool time are in my sites for this weekend, all I can say is TGIF!
Linking up with Lauren at The Lauren Elizabeth for #h54f